Register with us as a New Patient
Changes to registration during Covid-19 Pandemic
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, patients are asked to register without coming into the practice. To register you will need to complete our online registration form
New Patient Registration
We are currently registering anyone in Walthamstow. Please note we are currently accepting registration of new borns over the phone.
For the registration form NHS number and previous GP details are required. Incomplete forms will delay the registration process.
A combination of the following are acceptable forms of Identification
- Proof of Address
- Driving Licence
- Marriage Certificate
- Medical Card
- Identity Card
- Local Authority Rent Card
- If none of the above are available
- Utility Bills
- Birth Certificate
- Bank Statements
- Registering Children under 6yrs
- Babies Red Book
- Letter from Benefits Agency/Benefit Book/Signing on Card
- Papers from the Home Office
A registration process can take up to 6 working days.
Once registered you will be invited for a New Patient Check. Currently, this is being done as a telephone consultation.
The Named Accountable GP For All Patients Is: DR S COONEY
What is named Accountable GPs' Role?
A named accountable GP takes responsibility for the coordination of all appropriate services required under the contract and ensure that the services are delivered to the patients where required (based on the clinical judgement of the named accountable GP). Additionally, if a third party requests your GPs information this is the GP name that you would give.
Does the requirement mean 24 hour responsibility for patients?
The named GP will not:
- Take on vicarious responsibility for the work of other doctors or health professionals.
- Take on 24 hour responsibility for the patient or have to change their working hours. The requirement does not imply personal availability for GPs throughout the working week.
- Be the only GP or clinician who will provide care to that patient.